I'm about to turn 40 and Tim had secretly contacted Toni several months ago to see if some sort of gathering could be arranged with local friends from the Sonlight Sisterhood, as this is a milestone birthday. Toni, Thea, Faith, and Cheri coordinated schedules and ended up treating me to dinner at ParkStone last night. Good food (shrimp for me, which I love and haven't had in ages) and lots of chatting made for a fun celebration.
After dinner we did some shopping and browsing at nearby stores, chatting and laughing along the way as we looked for specific items, laughed like immature little kids as we listened to all the sound effects in a book about farts, bought gifts for other people, read a ton of funny cards, and caught up on each other's lives.
I'm thankful that Tim was proactive in trying to coordinate something he knew I would enjoy and that the Portland-ish girls were willing and able to clear their schedules, coordinate childcare, and battle horrific traffic to celebrate the youngest of the bunch entering the 40s decade.

No comments:
Post a Comment