All suited up and waiting for his group to go in.
Airborne! He was a natural.
I discovered that I stink at taking pictures of people in flight, but at least you can get an idea of what it was like from these shots.
I also took a couple videos and the package Silas bought from Costco allowed him to get one video from iFLY (his choice from the two flights). This is from the first flight.
This is from the second. I wasn't going to film this one at all because I'd already filmed the first and remembered he'd be getting a video as part of his package, but then this happened.
Getting the high flight was a total surprise! You pay extra for that and the instructor takes you up for the last 25 seconds of your flight. Silas stuck with the basic package he bought at Costco, so he was completely caught off-guard ... and thrilled ... when his instructor took him up for about 20 seconds. What a treat! We have no idea why he got blessed like that. The only thing I can think of was that his group was smaller than the rest and the instructor, who was having a lot of fun with them, may have just decided to surprise him with a little extra vertical action. Who knows? Who cares? It was just an awesome blessing for him.
Here's the video Silas chose from iFLY. It's no surprise he opted for the one where he got to go higher than expected.
Silas loved the experience and wants to go skydiving for real someday. Although he said he wouldn't have paid full price ($70 for two one minute flights and we think $8 for the video) for the experience, he thought it was definitely worth the Costco price of $40 (although he paid $35 during a Christmas-time deal).
As a sidenote, we were in Costco yesterday and noticed they still have iFLY vouchers. If you're local, don't have a Costco membership, and would like one of those vouchers, then let me know. If you give me the cash, then I'm willing to pick one up for you.




No comments:
Post a Comment