Teebs has been talking for months about a little group of friends he wanted to have over for his birthday party and today was the long anticipated celebration. It was his first birthday party with friends and between them, their families, our family, one set of grandparents, and a great-grandparent, we had twenty people here to celebrate his little life.
As the starting time approached, he kept peeking out the window to see if any one had pulled up yet.
Two of his guests couldn't make it, but three came and they all chowed down on some pizza and produce together. It's nearly impossible to get a picture of multiple kids in this age group to all look at the camera at the same time and have real smiles on their faces, but that's fine.
Because it's our house, we had to throw in a silly face pose.
I didn't get any good pictures of the adults and I think Silas is the only kid I didn't get a picture of, but here are some of the other guests.
Smiling older girls.
Silly older girls.
Silly older boys.
Teebs opened presents after lunch, giggling his way through the whole thing.
Then we had cake. He'd asked for a Thor and Flash cake when I talked to him last weekend. I know nothing about those superheroes and all the cakes I found online to try copying were waaaaay beyond my skill set. I was already having a rough day and that just sent me over the edge. I cried my eyes out, then Devon sat down with me and we came up with a realistic plan of attack. One little cake with Thor's hammer.
And one with Flash's emblem.
Teebs was able to identify them and liked them, which was my only goal. We visited with friends for a little while longer, they all left, we quickly cleaned up, Teebs called Papa, and now we're enjoying a mellow, post-party afternoon.











No comments:
Post a Comment