Tuesday, January 14, 2014

TEN ON TUESDAY - 1/14/1

Blender - Our blender died a while back.   Although it's not an essential part of life, we used it several days a week.  Thanks to some gift cards we received for Christmas, we were able to replace our blender and I'm loving our new one.  Lots of friends love their Vitamix or Blendtec blender and I know they're great, but I had neither the ability nor the desire to spend hundreds of dollars on a blender.  We ended up getting an Oster BVCB07-Z and I love it!  We use our blender primarily for smoothies and the reversing blade makes fabulous smoothies without me having to scrape down the sides.  Thankful for generous friends who made my time in the kitchen so much easier!


Boogie Board - I grew up in Brookings, which means I consider boogie boards to be something used for playing in the ocean.  Devon, however, came home from school last week with a prize that he'd been awarded for good behavior.  It was called a Boogie Board, but it was nothing like the ones I'm familiar with.  It's an LCD writing tablet and he's had a lot of fun with it!


Candle - I love lemon-scented candles and Devon gave me two of them for Christmas.  I've been burning the Better Homes and Gardens Sugared Lemon Bar canister candle and it smells so good!

History Lesson - I've been reading to Naomi when we soak her newly pierced ears  A few days ago I read Berenstain Bears and the Slumber Party and had to explain two foreign concepts to her - cassette tapes and not knowing who was calling when the phone rang.  Yes, I'm old enough for the things in my childhood to be a little piece of history.

Kindness - I was looking for a book a friend was talking about and stumbled upon another book that intrigued me, so I checked it out from the library.  It's called How Full is Your Bucket? For Kids and it's written by Tom Rath.  Quick read, good reminder to be think past yourself, and a handy word picture for using in your own home.

People - As opposed as I am to people living in a church bubble, our life somehow ended up that way.  It wasn't deliberate, but it had happened nonetheless.  Over the last year we've connected with so many people outside of church and I love it.  I'm thankful for opportunities to meet new people and make new friends!

Reading - I love it when our bigs read to our littles!


Tea - I've been drinking a lot of Celestial Seasoning's Honey Vanilla Chamomile tea lately.  I love it!

W - I bought this mug with a gift card from friends.  Cute, huh?


Words - Things Teebs is saying.

* Hoe-dee me:  This is how he says "hold me" and is what he says when he wants wake-up snuggles or is otherwise needing a little lovin'.

* Hallelujah:  He walks around singing this word, which is kinda funny when it's preceded or followed by his R-rated pronunciation of another word that he sings all the time.

* Lunch?/Lunch!:  Evidently there were enough times that I told him he couldn't eat something because it was almost lunch time, we were having the item for lunch, or something, because now he responds with "lunch" in question or exclamation form every. single. time. I tell him he can't eat something.

* Yetz:  His version of "yes".

1 comment:

jani said...

I hate that I can't hit "like" after some of these... like the pic of Big reading to Little or Toddle Vocab. :)