Monday, January 6, 2014

I'M A DEADHEAD

I don't listen to the Grateful Dead and I couldn't tell you anything about Jerry Garcia, other than the fact that he was a member of the band.  However, I consider myself a Deadhead, a fan of the group and the man.  For if it weren't for both, then I wouldn't have enjoyed this moment a couple nights ago.



Jammies.  Slippers.  Bible.  Ice cream.

That little pint of ice cream, one of my favorite flavors ever, was a gift that I slowly savored over six different evenings.  Six!  If you know me at all, then you know I'm a compulsive eater who loves ice cream.  I don't think I've ever had a pint of ice cream last longer than one, maybe two, sittings.  This one, though, lasted for weeks, as I only had a few bites at a time.  Bites that I could slowly scrape off, leaving the top of the ice cream still in the carton smooth and flat.  Just the way I like it.

My version of being a Deadhead may not match the general description, but it works for me!






2 comments:

Kristal said...

I've never tried that.... I'll have to put it on my list.

Bethany said...

Kristal - It's delicious. :)