Just some random things, in no particular order and having nothing to do with each other.
* I've been using our dishwasher for the last two months. I don't mind washing dishes by hand and I like the end result better, but having dishes on the counter all the time started to bug me. They were always rinsed and stacked, and sometimes we'd do a mid-day washing, but having 5-6 people home all day generates a lot of dishes. I reached a point where I'd rather run the dishwasher than have stacks of dishes on the counter. So, we're running a load a day and it's working well. It's the first time in my adult life that I've had and regularly used a dishwasher. I'm thankful for the luxury of having that option!
* Naomi spent the weekend with my dad, his wife, and their other five year old granddaughter earlier in the month. She had so much fun!!! My dad did a few blogs posts over that weekend, so you can check out the following links for some pictures of a cute little W or to see an example of how to be awesome grandparents.
The trip down
All day Saturday
Sunday morning & the trip home
* Here's a quick update on the school changes I mentioned last month. We have applied to a local charter school for Devon to attend next year. If he can't get in, then we'll either continue homeschooling as usual, switch to an online school, or do a combo of Sonlight and online school. We plan on sending Silas to the local middle school. We always start our new school year in July, but the rest of the state doesn't start until September, which means there are several months in which our plans could change. For now, though, that's the plan.
* Ashley spent last weekend with us. We ate white chocolate, cherry, almond cookies, chatted about various things, heard "Aunt Ashley" about a million times, and introduced her to IKEA. And we posed for smiling and silly pictures, of course. Good times!
* I spent a day locked in my bedroom in December and spent the time coming up with a new plan of attack for school and household stuff, but we hadn't actually put any of it into practice until the last couple weeks. I have five different sheets of paper posted on a bulletin board in our kitchen, all with schedules and lists we need to keep our days productive. There are a few things we still need to implement, but it's been great. I love efficiency and we all do better with structure than without it.
* The male Ws had a "dude night", thanks to Sonja, and spent time eating Subway sandwiches and watching Redbox movies together. The littlest male W posed for the picture, but was then whisked away so that the other male Ws could watch a movie free of distractions.
I think that's it.