I headed out this morning for this menu's groceries at Winco and the Franz outlet. I love the Franz store. A lot. I scored 15 loaves of organic bread, three packages of mini pitas, two packages of regular pitas, and four packages of English muffins for $16.00! Love it! So, the freezer is stocked with bread for quite a while. It's also stocked with salmon, as Tim caught six ... SIX ... this week (though he got to give one away). I think that's more than he's caught in the last two years of fishing trips combined. So thankful!!
Enough about what's in our freezer and on to what we'll be eating. We're going to make up for our recent lack of new recipes by trying several in the next couple weeks. I'll let you know how they turned out on the next menu.
Ready?
BREAKFASTS
* doughnuts x2
* oatmeal with brown sugar, cinnamon, milk, raisins, huh-koe-pee milk, and energy mix as optional toppings x8
* almond coconut granola
* egg & potato scramble
* waffles
* breakfast casserole
DINNERS
* leftovers x2
* tacos x2
* tomato, feta, and barley salad
* grilled hot dogs/spinach cranberry salad (taking to a picnic)
* lemon Greek salad
* beans (crockpot, from the freezer)/rice/salad
* broccoli dijon chicken /rice
* Do-It-All marinated chicken/green beans/rice
* new salmon recipe (not bad, but not worth making again)
* egg salad sandwiches/cucumbers/carrots
* corn & bean salad
* baked potatoes/salad
SNACK & DESSERTS
* produce
* popcorn
* spicy crunchy chickpeas
* celery & peanut butter
* banana chocolate chip bars
* oatmeal cookies
MISCELLANEOUS
* four pounds of ground turkey cooked, mixed with taco seasoning, split into four ziploc bags, & popped in the freezer for future Taco Tuesdays
* champ for the freezer
No comments:
Post a Comment