Sunday, April 8, 2012

SUCH A GREAT DAY!

We start every Sunday off at church, but today was Resurrection Sunday and that's always a special day. Acknowledging the crucifixion of Christ through taking communion and then celebrating the fact that he rose from the dead - powerful stuff!

After church we ran some errands, ate lunch, then did an Easter egg hunt. It was the first time since 2006 that we've been able to do the hunt outside. Why? Because it's always raining on Easter! Today was beautiful, though, with temps in the 70s at our house. Tim and I hid eggs while the kiddos hung out inside, then we let them loose to hunt.

Silas got down low.



Devon made silly faces.



Naomi wore multiple shades of pink.



Tyler snoozed.



The kids finally found all their eggs and we gave them their Easter baskets. Then the boys had Tim and I sit down. They'd done some secret planning and presented us with an Easter basket to share. They bought the basket, lined it with crinkly paper "grass" (I obviously have no idea what it's actually called), taped a "Happy Easter" sign to it, and stuffed it full of goodies. It had things for each of us (candle and sunglasses for me, chips and a wooden puzzle for Tim), candy of our own, gumballs to share, and a signed card. So awesome!



Then, just when you'd think the day couldn't get any better, it did. I got to mow the lawn!!!!! Oh, bliss!! I haven't mowed a lawn in two years and it was absolutely wonderful. I may not look happy in this picture, but I assure you that I was. Delighted, actually.



Tim and I spent the afternoon working in the yard, some of the kids napped for a while, all the kids played or sat outside, we rotated through several rounds of the tossing game, and we spent the day grazing on leftovers and Easter candy.

Perfect day.

2 comments:

Kristal said...

Sounds like a perfectly lovely day with family.

perkyguy said...

I'm proud of your lawn-mowing skills!