Tuesday, October 4, 2011

READY? SET. MOVE!!

It's official. We're moving on Sunday!! We've had several people offer to help, but until now we haven't known exactly what we needed or when we needed it. So I'll tell you what we need and you can let Tim or I know if you're available.

CLEANING
This is usually a breeze for me, but the combo of a bulky belly and some major discomfort I've had lately are making this an area I could use some help. There are a couple options here. One is that there could be a deep clean (scrubbing bathrooms, cleaning window sills, etc.) on Friday and then a final touch (we'll have had to use the scrubbed bathroom through Sunday, floors will need to be vacuumed, etc.) as the apartment gets emptied on Sunday. The other option is that everything gets saved for Sunday. Either way is fine with me, though I will probably be at the new place on Sunday to tell people where to put stuff and wouldn't be able to help with cleaning the apartment.

TRUCKS
We're prepared to rent a moving van and realize the weather may make that the best option anyway. However, there's been chatter about people being willing to load their trucks with our stuff. If you and your truck will be available on Sunday afternoon, then please let us know as soon as possible. That will help us figure out if we need to rent a van and, if so, what size to get.

MUSCLES
We don't require huge muscles, just ones that are big enough to put stuff in or take stuff out of a truck or moving van.

Those are the needs - arms to lift, vehicles to load, and hands to clean. We'll be at church Sunday morning, then will need to eat lunch and possibly get a moving van, so we'll start the move at 1:00. Of course, if you want to help, but can't show up til a little later, then that's fine. Our move last year took 3 hours from start to finish, so we should be done before dinner. If you want to help, then just let us know what time to expect you and we'll give you directions to our current and new homes. Thanks a bunch!

3 comments:

Kristal said...

I'm so excited for you family! I'll be praying the move goes smoothly and that the weather is good!

Pam Carter said...

Since we are super busy at church on Sunday, may I help with cleaning on Friday? I could also come for a few hours the middle of the afternoon on Sunday in between church services.

Heidi said...

Yet another reason to live closer.