I just wanted to plug some people that made our home purchase possible. I'm not getting any sort of reward for giving you their info. I'm just thankful for them and figured their expertise could be useful for some of you. Their websites are linked in green.
Tom DeVilliers - realtor
West One Properties Group/Keller Williams Realty
503-594-0805
Steve Berger - mortgage
Envoy Mortgage
503-698-5800
Ross Hulbrock - inspection
Apex Home Inspections
503-650-8999
These three men and their co-workers who we dealt with were great - gave us regular updates, answered all our questions quickly, etc.
I also want to plug the program we used.
USDA - home loan
100% financing
And, now a couple more neat things about this process, though I promise to start talking about other stuff after this post.
* Our earnest money was gifted to us. Not only is that a blessing in and of itself, but it's the same amount that Tim had to pay in tuition for the classes he's required to take this term for his new job. Coincidence? I think not.
* We were told the washer & dryer would not be included with the house, which was totally fine. We bought a set on Craigslist in the week preceding our move, then discovered upon getting our keys that the washer & dryer were left after all. Now we'll get to sell one set and put the cash toward school debt or pay the surprise forward and give a set to someone truly in need of one. Either option is great.
* We ordered a chest freezer last week. It's a splurge, but a practical one and the only one we're making. I ordered it one morning and that afternoon someone told us they'd planned on getting us one. In fact, they'd looked at the exact one we had ordered. So, they reimbursed us the cost of the freezer. I've missed having that extra bit of storage space for stockpiling deals and cooking meals ahead of time. It's not here yet, but I'm excited about that gift!
This process, if we start at the first discovery of mold in our apartment last December, has been long. Very long. But I'm so thankful for how it turned out!
4 comments:
So glad for your good fortune. Honest businessmen and good friends are priceless.
We understand that you're pg and unpacking and stuff, but we need pics, chica. Get on that, ok?
Jen Moz
Jen - I promise I'll get pictures. I'm just exhausted this week and pictures of boxes aren't very exciting. :)
Yes. Pictures of boxes are PLENTY exciting. Really. :)
Kore - By the end of the weekend. That's my goal. Considering I have plans from 8-3 tomorrow and church on Sunday, I think that's pretty good.:)
Post a Comment