Thursday, June 16, 2011

OVERLY DOMESTIC

I had a little energy when I woke up this morning, but I'm now quite confident that I acted as though I had a lot of energy.

* One breakfast of scrambled eggs and toasted banana bread made
* Five loads of laundry washed, dried, folded, and put away- three were bedding, so it's not as bad as it sounds
* One batch of crockpot granola cooked
* A lot of dishes washed, dried, and put away
* One lunch of leftovers served
* A trial run of homemade buttermilk made - I'll let you know later how that worked
* Two week menu and grocery list finished
* One new batch of cleaning spray made up
* Two bathrooms scrubbed - normally the boys' chore, but I chose to do it today
* One birthday gift wrapped
* One easy dinner served - Cajun sausage & beans from the freezer, pot of rice, leftover salad from a big one I made yesterday
* Three homemade Father's Day cards made ... well, supervised
* One new muffin recipe baked for tomorrow's breakfast

I. am. exhausted. My feet hurt. My back aches. I feel 98 years old. The ridiculous thing is that much of what I did today is stuff the kids usually do or could have done. Why didn't I have them do it? I have no idea. I just got on a roll and my brain, as it generally does lately, got sucked into my uterus.

I think I'm going to curl up on the couch with some ice cream and a book for a little while.

4 comments:

Kristal said...

Good for you! I bet it felt good to get some things done and have some energy!

Monica said...

Sometimes it just feels good to get off the couch and do something, eh?! I remember feeling that way during my chemo. For the most part I felt like crud, but there were days that I just had to do something productive. And even though I was completely beat at the end, it felt good!!! kwim?

BETHANY said...

Monica - Yes, I totally know what you mean!!!

Abby said...

Hey.....what's the cleaning spray recipe?? If you don't mind. I just started making homemade laundry detergent......it works great and is soooo cheap!!