Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I GOT ANOTHER "W"

I love it! When I first discovered Heidi's monograms, I fell in love. I told her I wanted a backpack with a "W" or one that I could hang on my wall. As we weren't able to find a bag I liked, I opted to get the "W" for my wall, which I showed to you last month.

I loved it and decided to just hold tight on the backpack. Well, Heidi sent me a message saying that her supplier had just come out with a bag she thought I'd like. She was right and I placed my order. Here's what arrived in the mail today.


The front.


The back. Notice the handy dandy zippered area back there? Love it.
.

Modeled by a very satisfied customer.
.
.
Now, I'm not one to spend money frivolously and I never pay full-price for anything. However, I always have a little stash of Christmas and birthday money that takes me forever to spend. I recently decided that I would use that money to splurge on handmade items for myself and not think about how I could buy something comparable at Target for a fraction of the price. I must say, that's really hard for me to do. Not the spending money on myself part, just the aspect of not spending the minimum possible on something I want. It goes against my nature in a huge way! However, I love the things I buy, my friends (or the strangers whose monogrammed magnets I may have to buy) earn some money, and it's money that was intended to play with in the first place. Everyone wins!