Anyway, back to the food. I served a variety of raw veggies, three new dips, deviled eggs, a new bread recipe, a new dip for the bread, and a cookie/candy recipe I haven't made since middle or high school. The dip and bread recipes came from magazines I had. The cookie/candy recipe came from my paternal grandma (not the one whose pictures you see here occasionally). She always made them at Christmas. They're kinda funky, but it was fun to have them after so many years.
Without further ado, and with apologies for the horrible lighting for pictures in our dining room that makes everything look yellow-ish and a guarantee that the dips looked better in real life, here's what we ate. Recipes are linked in green, in case they intrigue you.
.
Carrots & celery
Cukes & bell peppers
.
.
.
Dilly Cucumber Dip
Rosemary White Bean Dip
.
Soy Ginger Dipping Sauce
Deviled Eggs
Granny's Kisses
The whole spread.
While we used veggies for dippers, all the dips, except the soy ginger one, would also be good with crackers, pitas, etc. If you use them for something other than veggies, please leave a comment on the recipe blog telling how you used it. I'm tempted to make a dip, lettuce and tomato sandwich on toasted bread out of the bean dip. The texture is similar to hummus and I like hummus sandwiches.
4 comments:
Yummy!! But it does look like a lot of work.
Your cookies must be like little meringue? Yummy but picky in preparation. Our daughter loved making meringues & such when still at home.
That all looks really good!
Intriguing as always, but what caught me was Granny's meringues. My Nana used to make those. I don't think my kids have ever had them. Hmmm.... Easy treat to introduce. Thanks for the reminder.
Looks like such a fun meal... but lots of work.
Post a Comment