For the last few years we've gone on a church campout over Labor Day weekend. It's the only camping we do and each year we say how we should do it more often ... but we never do. Well, this year we budgeted part of our tax refund for a few inexpensive summer vacations, which I knew would be just the incentive I needed to get some camping trips planned.
So, earlier in the week Tim and I marked out some dates for camping and today I reserved some sites. I'm so excited! Other than the church campout and a trip or two to my dad's each year, we never go on any vacations. I realize camping isn't anything terribly exciting, but I'm really looking forward to some time away as a family to just relax and have a good time.
I'm obviously not going to share with the whole world the dates that we'll be gone, but I will tell you that we're hitting the northern Oregon coast, the southern Oregon coast, and central Oregon. I'll be sure to give you all the details when we return from each trip.
The boys, who are also going on a camping trip with Tim and some other father/son combos, are pretty excited. So am I.
Ironically, it turns out that our church isn't doing the Labor Day campout this year.
So, for those who aren't anti-camping, where are your favorite places to pitch a tent ... or park a trailer? Favorite camping meals? Games you have to bring along? Any other camping traditions?
2 comments:
My family likes to camp but me not so much. I do love baked potatoes in the fire and meals all packaged in foil. This weekend we had taxis on the go... you get snack size fritos and but your taco stuff inside the bag
Kristal - I've never done the foil package meals, but I should give it a try. Did you just eat the Frito thing with a fork out of the bag? My kids would think that was awesome! We're already doing taco bowls on one trip, but I was going to use regular tortilla chips. I may have to tweak the plan and earn some "cool mom" points. :)
Post a Comment