Friday, July 23, 2010

THE PROPER WAY TO ROAST A MARSHMALLOW

I recently discovered that Tim did not know how to properly roast a marshmallow. I'm not really sure how I'd failed to notice his ignorance on the matter or how he failed to notice the correct method in all the years we've been together, but we remedied the situation during our recent camping trip. Now it's time to make sure that you know how to roast your puffs of sugar. Ready?

1. Place marshmallow on roasting stick of your choice and place over fire. Roast to desired doneness, whether golden brown or charred.



2. Gently squeeze the outside of the roasted marshmallow.
.


3. Slowly lift roasted portion of marshmallow off gooey, but still solid, center.
.
.
4. Watch the marshmallow stretch. Be impressed.

.
.
5A. Shove roasted portion into your mouth and eat it.

.
5B. Alternatively, you can use the roasted portion in a s'more.

.
6. Head back to the fire with the gooey center. Scrunch face while exhaling in a futile attempt to keep smoke from going up your nose.


7. Roast til desired doneness. Notice that the inner layer is shiny when it roasts. Be impressed.
.
8. Pull roasted center off stick and repeat step 5A or 5B or just eat roasted portion directly off stick.

.
Please be aware that if you are using a standard marshmallow, then you can generally roast each marshmallow twice. If, however, you are roasting a ginormous one, such as the ones Sachi gave me, then you can roast each marshmallow 3-4 times. Tim proved that. Repeatedly.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I've never reroasted a marshmallow... I'll have to try that!

Anonymous said...

I have never reroasted either. I slow roast so that the entire center is gooey. Then either eat off the stick, or smore-ify it.
Jen/mamamoz

Anonymous said...

Hey Bethany, that's the same way I do it. Always have :)

Kama

Traci said...

On a smore with a reeses peanut butter cup intstead of chocolate.
I'll take mine golden brown please!

The Moffits said...

The world is so lucky to have your wisdom on this controversial, yet so important topic!!