School - We start our new school year in a few days. However, I had yet to open the curriculum boxes that arrived two weeks ago. I've just been too busy. I finally got a chance to tackle the project yesterday and now we're all set for the new year. The IG is assembled, all books have been color coded, and the ones we'll need for the first week are set out.
I'm actually a little excited for this school year, which is great. Last year was hard, for a variety of reasons. Some of those reasons are no longer relevant and we're trying some new tactics to deal with other aspects. Plus, it's always fun to go through a honkin' stack of new books and the nerd in me loves getting the IG and worksheet binders set up. So, hopefully this will be a better year than last!
Paint - I'm sprucing up an old dresser and a $5.00 thrift store nightstand in the boys room with some black spray paint. I did the dresser today and will touch it up tomorrow when I do the nightstand. Maybe I'll post pictures when it's all done.
Food - I pigged out today. Majorly. First, I went to Red Robin for lunch, where I filled up on their delicious A-1 peppercorn burger and fries. I'm normally ready for a snack around 3:00, but I didn't eat anything until dinner until 6:00 (we normally eat dinner at 5:00). Then I scarfed a bunch of tortellini pesto salad. I wasn't even very hungry, but I ate two bowls of food, then compulsively ate sugar cookies. Haven't been that gluttonous in a while and I'm stuffed. Totally stuffed. Not very responsible, but it sure was good food!!
Girls - I spent this morning shopping at Target and going to lunch with Granny & Naomi (see them all the time, but it was fun to just have the girls), then spent several hours chatting and eating with Tammy (haven't hung out with her in months and months and months) this evening.
Boy - The church just posted pictures from Water Wars I and Devon made it into some of them. This was his first grade school event and he loved it!! You can find him looking for someone to peg with a water balloon (second pic) and laughing at a game of Drip, Drip, Splash (last pic), which is the water version of Duck, Duck, Goose. You can click on both of those pictures to get a closer view. I love his smile in the second one!
No comments:
Post a Comment