Saturday, December 12, 2009

IT'S 9:15 PM

Naomi went to bed at 8:00. I just heard the faint noises of a child's voice. Perplexed and wondering if it was someone walking past our house, I moved closer to the hall door. The noise was coming from Naomi's room. She was counting and singing. I opened the door and asked what she was doing. Her response was "biper". I look more closely and realize she's taken off her jammies and her diaper.

Folks, none of my children have ever taken off their diapers. Ever. And we don't have bedtime battles.

I sent her out to Tim and tried to discreetly snap a picture while trying my hardest not to laugh. Tim didn't laugh. He has more self-control in that department. That's why he's in charge of this little situation. It's hard to be stern when you're cracking up.

She's currently getting put back to bed almost an hour and a half after being put down the first time. Stinker.

3 comments:

perkyguy said...

Funny stinker.

Meghan said...

How funny! We put the kids to bed at 8 last night also, like always, and Caleb wouldn't go to bed! He kept getting up and turning the light on and playing with his toys. Finally at 9:30 he fell asleep...but like you, I had to let Bobby take care of it. :)

Anonymous said...

Totally cute. I would have been laughing too....