Every summer we re-evaluate where to live. It's just part of living in Beaverton while Tim works in Salem. Each year we've felt the pros of staying put outweighed the cons. However, the recent opportunity to buy the house we're renting led to several discussions about housing, money, etc. and we've decided to move.
Our tentative plan, which we decided on two weeks ago, is to move to Wilsonville at the end of March. Not only will we be moving, but we'll be living below, rather than at, our means in an attempt to put more money toward school debt. Have I ever mentioned I hate debt? I have? Ok. Well, we're going to be returning to apartment life for a while.
I'm really, and I mean really, going to miss our big yard, great neighborhood, huge garden, wonderful neighbors and the privacy that comes with not sharing walls with other people. On the other hand, it will be nice to put hundreds of extra dollars toward debt each month and cut Tim's commute in half (in time, not quite in miles), which means three extra hours at home each week (that's like an extra day each month!!) and a significant drop in our gas expenses.
So, that's what's the latest news at the W house.
Now, if you or someone you know would like to rent a three bedroom, one bath house in the Cedar Hills area that's on a huge corner lot, very close to every store you can think of, MAX, library, Oregon Zoo, Children's Museum, and Nike .... let me know and I'll connect you with our landlord.
9 comments:
Wow - big news. I'm excited for you guys!
Wow, that is big. The thought of saving all that time and money is really great. If you ever need a garden fix, you're welcome to spend time in mine! Seriously! :) It's nowhere near as big as yours is now...but I'm sure my poor neglected plants would love a new friend.
Another bonus - being in Wilsonville will put you guys just minutes away from the new church spot! Cool!
Praying God will provide the perfect next home while you continue to strive toward no debt living! You are an inspiration.
Wise move.
Ya gotta live like no one else so you can LIVE LIKE NO ONE ELSE! Sounds like you guys have made a prayerful and wise decision.
Bethany -
It's always interesting making short term decisions for a long term investment. Good thing we don't make those decisions in a vacuum. :) God bless in your new adventure!!
I loved your house but the commute for us would be a bit much! :)
wow- big news!! Praying God will HUGELY bless your decision :o) And how cool will it be to be so close to church? rockin'!
You'll be closer to me- he he!! Where you live now has AMAZING access to all kinds of stores- I'm jealous!! Winco is definitely going to be further , and the Rite Aid off of Boones Ferry isn't even worth going to because they never have anything (though they are very nice there)! The one on 99 is 50 times larger and has most things in stock, if you go on Sunday. I think there's a Walgreens in Wilsonville. I think it's awesome that you guys will be able to pay down those student loans faster!!
We live in Wilsonville and LOVE it!! You will too, I'm sure! Which apartments are you moving into? Wonder if we'll be neighbors...
Post a Comment