Ready? Here goes. Feel free to click on these photos to enlarge them if that would make this lesson easier for you to comprehend.
Now I'm really starting. Here goes.
1. Remove the wrapper from the cupcake and gently separate the top of the cupcake from the bottom.
2. Turn the cupcake top upside-down and place on the top of the bottom half. This will basically make a cupcake sandwich.
3. Open your mouth and begin consuming the cupcake. Enjoy the fact that your upper lip is not getting slathered in frosting now that you know the proper way to eat a cupcake.
13 comments:
I'm sorry, Bethany, but you only have it half right. :)
You got step one right: Separate the top from the bottom.
Step two: Eat the bottom half - frosting free. Still mildly sweet, and sets up anticipation for the top half.
Step three: Eat the top half with a fantastic frosting to cupcake ratio, and enjoy the fact that you're not stretching your jaw beyond reasonable limits to fit the entire thing in your mouth at once.
Perfection.
So how did you come to this way of eating a cupcake Bethany? You failed to mention this. ;)
That's brillant! Now where's a cupcake when you need one?
I understood this the first time you explained it, but the pictures made the explanation even clearer! (And I like the umbrella on the head look. Very stylish.)
I'm saddened to see you flaunting your cupcake eating ignorance on the world wide web like this. Saddened.
The proper way is actually to remove the top of the cupcake and eat it, then give that disgusting bottom part with no frosting on it to your husband.
I mean who really likes the cake part of a cupcake!? The cake part is simply a frosting holder, much like lettuce in a salad is simply a dressing holder.
I feel very strongly about this.
Umm, I didn't know there was a proper way to eat a cupcake, either. I may try this method, but really, I just shove it in my mouth in no more than three bites because I love them so much.
Well... I'll have to make some cupcakes and try it out.
However my three year old would say the proper way is to link off all the frosting and leave the rest behind!
I am frustrated.
I tried to click the first two photos to enlarge them to make this lesson easier for me to comprehend, just as you suggested, but THEY WON'T ENLARGE.
I am frustrated.
Sarah & Beep - You're both wrong, but I love you anyway.
Dad - I have no idea why it's not working. Maybe someone at Blogger needs a cupcake. :)
I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks. Never thought of this before - but I'll definitely try it the next time I have a cupcake!
What a GREAT idea! This works especially well for those fancypants cupcakes with the huge dollop of chocolate on top that's SO hard to eat without knocking on the floor or smearing all over one's nose!
Good to know, Bethany. I do have to admit, that I never knew how to eat a cupcake the RIGHT way! I look forward to my next encounter with one so I can eat it right. I hope I remember and don't just stuff it in my mouth! :)
Thank you for your instruction. The next time I make cupcakes, I will share this insight with my family. What a wonderful idea!!!
Belinda, you make me laugh!
Post a Comment