Friday, July 17, 2009

LINKS I LIKE #5

Just thought I'd share some cool sites with you today. Ready? Here goes!



Africam - This is a cool site I used to check frequently, but I'd forgotten about it until recently. It's live video of an African watering hole. You'll need to register on the site, then access the cameras from the list on the left of the page. The link for Nkorho Pan is the watering hole one. Sometimes nothing is happening, other times tons of animals are there, so just open the page and check it periodically. Be sure to turn your volume on to hear all the critters! Even if you can't see any animals it's still nice to listen to the birds chirping in the background as you do other stuff online.

Cake Wrecks - Oh. my. word! This site can have me gasping for air because I'm laughing so hard. Or doing that creepy, silent, shaking, hyperventilating laugh because I'm reading it late at night and don't want to wake up the whole house. Jen, the author of the blog, posts pictures of professionally decorated cakes that are horrible on at least on level, sometimes multiple levels. The cakes are horrid, she's sarcastic, and the comments are a riot. Check it out ever so often when you need a laugh!

The Chloe Chronicles - This is an online friend I've had the privilege of spending a weekend with in California and an evening with in Portland. She's older than I am and her kids have both left home in the last couple years - one through happy circumstances and the other through difficult circumstances. One of the things that I love about her is that she's so transparent. I think all moms, but particularly Christian moms who tend to justify their prideful attitudes about their "holy" choices, would benefit from reading the first two posts in a series she's doing on how she lost her groove ... and got it back. She talks pretty candidly about being prideful in parenting, marriage, her faith, etc and how she got knocked off the pedestal she'd put herself on. Here is the first post and here is the second post. Just a heads up that she throws out an occasional swear word. I know that may offend some, but I know she loves Jesus, loves her family and that my Bible doesn't have a list of four letter words that are taboo.

Stuff Christians Like - I've mentioned this site before in various posts, but Jon recently had an awesome post on Christians who complain "I'm not being fed" when discussing their church. Good stuff!

No comments: