Saturday, July 25, 2009

JUDY



Roses are red
Elephants are grey
I know someone
Who's sixty-nine today

Her name is Judy
And she's totally great
The reasons?
Well, let me elaborate

If I'm discouraged in marriage
Feel like a bad wife to Tim
She challenges me with ways
That I can bless him

If I'm weary in parenting
And just want to sob
She puts things in perspective
Reminds me it's a long-term job

If I'm generally weepy
And falling apart
She gives me a hug
And speaks from her heart

If I'm talking to someone
And she passes by
She'll squeeze my shoulder
Just to say hi

But it's not just me
Many others are blessed
Far more than she
Could ever have guessed

So I hope on her birthday
The fun doesn't fade
As she kicks off the last year
Of her seventh decade


5 comments:

The Boggs Family said...

Terry and I were busting up!! That's GREAT!!! and totally true! You're so creative! Happy Birthday, Judy!!

Lainie said...

What a great poem in honor of a great and godly woman! Good job :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Judy!

perkyguy said...

Happy Birthday, Judy! Thanks for taking my daughter under your wing.

Jacki R. said...

Awesome poem, and a great tribute to Judy!!