Just want to share some great sites with you.
Frugal Living - My friend Sarah pointed me in the direction of this site. It's similar to Money Saving Mom and My Penny Pile (both linked in my sidebar), but it's specific to the Portland area. The way this woman shops at Safeway blows my mind. I still love WinCo, but I think I'm going to have to try and do some of the things she does at Safeway. Amazing!
Susan G. Komen For The Cure Scholarship - I don't even know if this scholarship existed when I was in college, but I sure could have used it!! It's designed to help people who struggle to pay for college because of the death of a parent from breast cancer. They give seven scholarships each year, up to $10,000 each to students up to age 25. Check out the link for more details. The deadline for applying for the 2009-2010 school year is only a few days away, so if you know someone who could use this scholarship next school year then pass this link to them. Otherwise, tuck it away for future reference. It could be a silver lining in someone's huge rain cloud.
Love Lasts A Lifetime - Remember Kelly? She's the one who made dishcloths for me and has lots of great recipes. Well, she started a marriage blog at the beginning of the year and it's great. She and Doug have been married almost twenty years and though their marriage is strong now, they've gone through some major struggles. I love getting encouraged by people who have made it through hard times themselves! She writes most of the posts, but Doug pops in occasionally too. I think all his posts are labeled "the happy husband" on her sidebar. Check out her site for book discussions (she's currently going through Sheet Music by Kevin Leman, which is an excellent book by one of my favorite authors), weekly challenges, bedroom ideas, ideas for romancing your husband and more.
Swagbucks - Do all your internet searches through this site and earn prizes. Seriously, it's that simple. I just cashed in some points for an Amazon gift card.
5 comments:
Thanks Bethany :)
So if I go to swapbucks, how can I credit you for a referral? I'd like to try it!
I think that if you use the link I gave you, then I'll get credited. I'm not positive, as I've never tried it before.
The only other way I know is to send you an e-mail via the Swagbucks site, but I don't send those e-mails without permission. :)
All that to say, if I get some credit, then great. If not, no biggie. Sign up anyway!!
Ok, I checked with a friend who does Swagbucks to make sure I did this right. I now have everything set up so that the link in my post and the link in the sidebar will both give me referral credit. But I want people to do it even if I don't get credit because it's such a cool program.
thanks! Off to check it out!
Post a Comment