I haven't posted anything in three days. Yikes!
We take one week off from school each month, but Tim's joining us this time because it's spring break. We haven't done anything terribly exciting, but it's been a busy week. I'm pooped.
Monday morning I spent some quality time with my dentist while he replaced some childhood fillings that were dying. I spent the afternoon tackling my "to do" list, then Tim and I had a commitment that evening.
Tuesday morning Tim shampooed our carpets (big thanks to Jyn for loaning us the shampooer!). Then I had lunch with Becky (big thanks to Monique for the Spicy Pickle gift card I won several months ago at a baby shower she hosted for Rachelle - love the gobbler). Then Tim took off to hang with Rick for some racquetball in the evening.
Wednesday was one more round of shampooing the carpets. Then Tim spent some quality time with our dentist. Next we headed to Washington Square for some McDonald's (big thanks to Granny for treating us to lunch - love the southwest salad) and Bucky's. Silas and I ran errands this afternoon (gotta love getting $7.74 cents worth of gum for $.74 and fabric at half-price). Tonight Tim and I worked our last shift for this rotation in the 1yo class at Bible study.
Tomorrow we're meeting an insurance agent in the morning. Then I'm tackling the rest of my "to do" list and doing a little bit of sewing practice. We'll head to some friends' house for dinner.
Friday is a trip to the Rice Northwest Museum of Rocks and Minerals, or "the rock museum". That's a freebie trip, thanks to the cultural pass at the library. Of course, they're only open during naptime, so the kids will be going down early that night. Good thing, because I'm going to be totally worn out.
I have "do nothing" penciled in for Saturday and Sunday. I need to rest before we hit the books again on Monday! This spring break has been anything but a break, but that's ok. I'd rather be busy than bored.
1 comment:
That is so true - how come breaks end up so busy?? Glad you enjoyed your sandwich, though!!
BTW, I need to thank you for an old post - I just bought Leman's "Making Kids Mind Without Losing Yours" yesterday, on your recommendation. Discipline here we come!! :)
Post a Comment