Friday, March 27, 2009

ASHLEY

Roses are red
I'm not a mister
Neither is Ashley
She's my step-sister

She posted on Facebook
A few days ago
Who wanted mail?
She wanted to know

I do, I do
I think mail's fun
I answered quickly
Response number one

Something would come
But I'd have to wait
It would be soon
Though I knew not the date

Today we were gone
On a family outing
Tired and grumpy
I just felt like pouting

When we got home
Saw a box at the door
Figured the Moffits
Is who it was for

When I got closer
Saw my name in print
So into the house
I started to sprint

I opened the box
The gift I did see
I got a big smile
So filled with glee

Two dozen cookies
To pass through my lips
Macadamia nut
And white chocolate chips

She'd put some thought
Into which type to bake
No generic cookie gift
Was she going to make

So she thought back
To a chat we'd had
When she'd come to visit
Along with my dad

It was a few years back
But her memory's snappy
She sent cookies I love
And my taste buds are happy

The loot.



Just doing some quality control testing.



4 comments:

Mama in Uganda said...

You are a riot! Thanks for making me laugh :-)

P.S. Any new head-way on adoption?

Kelly said...

Great poem Bethany! Those cookies do look yum.

Ashley said...

Wow, they got there fast and they didn't fall apart either! I'm so glad that you like them! Cookies are always a great soluton when you are grumpy. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh what fun!! A super package and a silly poem. :)