Cry. Freak out on your kids. Blast your husband. Cry again.
Yep, those are some of the super healthy and effective ways I'm dealing with things right now. I'm exhausted and all the males in my family are jumping on my very last nerve.
Tim's gone all day. He was gone most of last Saturday too. With the exception of our trip to Silverton, he's been married to work all week. I'm fried on single parenting.
Devon is in a funk. It wears me out.
Silas is emotional. It annoys me.
Naomi is into everything. It's constant.
For various reasons, I haven't slept through the night, with the exception of our time in Silverton, in weeks. I'm tired.
I'm royally grumpy. It's going to be a very. long. day. I really need to change my attitude, but what I really want to do is throw a full-fledged temper tantrum and then crawl into bed with a book for the rest of the day. Sometimes it's hard to be a wife. Sometimes it's hard to be a mom. Sometimes it's hard to be an adult.
Just keepin' it real. Feel free to pass along some sympathy, tell me to buck up, share a verse to challenge or encourage me, commiserate, or whatever.
9 comments:
I love your raw honesty! It reminds me that I am not alone. Is it just me or does it seem like every other Athey mom is level, even-keeled, never raises her voice or gets stressted out!?!? If it makes you feel any better, we are still ALWAYS sick! Jeven once again woke up in his own puke this morning. I pray it is more of a 24 hour bug rather than his month long stretch!! Hang in there; as Donny OFTEN reminds me, "you must not be where the Lord wants you yet." I hate hearing it but it is probably true, at least for me!
Oh me, Oh my! Yes, sister, I can totally relate. I have to remind myself that the Lord "wants me to be a poured out as a drink offering." I have to close my bedroom door, let the kids play, and get on my knees numerous times a day. When I am in a "mood" I tell Zane to take our tent and just pitch it at the church :) Lifiting you up.
Aw Bethany.. you so need a break! Do you want to drop the kids off here one day?! I could plan some activities and you could take the day off - I know an amazing spa in Portland not to far from us. We'll talk...
True...you are not alone in your thoughts! It's such a struggle. That saying is so true, they are the longest days and shortest years of our lives. ;) Love you girl, may you not weary in doing well!
Opinions are like farts: only the person letting them rip enjoys them. Having said that, here's my opinion: You're a good mom. You're a good wife. You're a good example to your little sister. And thank God, tomorrow is a new DAY!!! Be encouraged. I love you.
Thanks everyone!! I'm praying this week is better. :)
I didn't read this blog entry until today (Monday), two days after the fact. Actually, I was too tired to even log onto a computer because I was in Sacramento @ Jason's. We'd been in the hospital ER after Jason's "falling-swimming accident" on his birthday, I'd been babysitting 6 month old Wade ( who is normally breast-fed but since Mom wasn't available he was now being bottle fed by me (Grammy) and dealing with 12 year old Kylie (a insulin dependent diabetic with now- high blood sugars due to all the stress). As I read your entry, I thought " OH for the days when my kids were little and I was young!" Jesus reminded me of Phil 4..." Be anxious for nothing, but with prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God and the peace of Christ, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." Difficult days are sometimes a part of this life but they are temporary. God's grace is sufficient and His mercies are indeed new every morning. I agree with Beep, you are a great Mom, wife, sister, daughter, friend. You continue to inspire me. One last note... last night, I was sitting in the Sacramento airport awaiting my flight home to Portland, and maybe a good night's sleep. I had almost missed the flight (details later) and I had frantically run through the airport moments before the boarding call. I had just hung up my cell phone, telling Ron that I had barely made the flight, when an older man next to me leaned over and said he couldn't help but hear my phone call. He said "My wife and I thought that once we had raised our kids and they were married, we could relax. Not so, we now have 19 grandchildren." Praise the Lord, I doubt we'll have 19 grandchildren!! I'm proud of you and always will be.
Aaah! You are reading my mind! I am so there these days...it is especially apparent when you are trying to celebrate your birthday and the baby is freaking out because you took two seconds longer to feed him a bite of mashed-up food. Heaven forbid you actually FEED yourself on your BIRTHDAY!! Sincerely hoping your week is going better, and that Tim gets some much-needed breaks from work. Brad is on the tail end (I hope) of that too, so I feel ya. Feel free to call me and vent anytime! But only if you let me vent back...;)
I just wanted to add that I appreciate your honesty! I know my day is coming... and it helps to know (in advance!) that I wont be alone!! :) Hope this week is a refreshing one, somehow :)
Post a Comment