The wiser you get, the more experience you have, and the more you see people for who they are as human beings, as opposed to figures you have to fight against.
~ Vanessa Williams // 1440 Daily Digest, 3/18/23 edition
*****
Privacy is withholding information for the sake of healing. Secrecy is withholding information for the sake of hiding so that bad behavior can continue.
Privacy is withholding information for the sake of healing. Secrecy is withholding information for the sake of hiding so that bad behavior can continue.
~ Lysa Terkeurst // How Do I Talk Divorce With My Kids? // Therapy and Theology
*****
I think stories are empathy engines. They create these bridges between us.
~ R. Eric Thomas // Insightful and Entertaining Memoirs // What Should I Read Next?
I think stories are empathy engines. They create these bridges between us.
~ R. Eric Thomas // Insightful and Entertaining Memoirs // What Should I Read Next?
*****
We become not a melting pot but a beautiful mosaic. Different people, different beliefs, different hopes, different dreams.
~ Jimmy Carter // America the Beautiful: Together We Stand, written by Katharine Lee Bates, illustrated by Bryan Collier, Raul Colon, Diane Goode, Mary Grandpre, John Hendrix, Yuyi Morales, Jon J. Muth, LeUyen Pham, Sonia Lynn Sadler, and Christ Soentpiet, and compiled by Orchard Books
*****
A fact is information minus emotion. An opinion is information plus experience. Ignorance is an opinion lacking information. Stupidity is an opinion that ignores a fact.
~ unknown
*****
No comments:
Post a Comment