*****
I’m really proud that I’m still interested. Not ‘interesting’—that’s a different thing. I mean interested. I’m still interested in the world. ‘Interested’ feeds me, and if that makes me interesting-- then great.~ 5/29/21 interview on Humans of New York
Thought I could walk the line
Be just in time to turn it back around
But I fall through that old forbidden door
And though I knew the stakes
Still made my way
Just like every time before
I'm over my head and lost
And no, there's no way I'm able to pay back the cost
But this I call, this I call to mind
That I'm not alone
And I can come back home anytime
So I'll go, to the storehouse I'll go
To the storehouse of mercy, I'll go
~ The Gray Havens in Storehouse on She Waits
*****
Jesus gave us a new norm of greatness. If you want to be important, wonderful. If you want to be recognized, wonderful. If you want to be great, wonderful. But recognize that he who is the greatest among you shall be your servant. That's your new definition of greatness. And ... the thing that I like about it, by giving that definition of greatness, means that everybody can be great.
~ Martin Luther King Jr. in The Drum Major Instinct, as quoted in The House That Love Built: Why I Opened My Door to Immigrants and How We Found Hope Beyond a Broken System, written by Sarah Jackson with Scott Sawyer
*****
I've been a fool, went downThought I could walk the line
Be just in time to turn it back around
But I fall through that old forbidden door
And though I knew the stakes
Still made my way
Just like every time before
I'm over my head and lost
And no, there's no way I'm able to pay back the cost
But this I call, this I call to mind
That I'm not alone
And I can come back home anytime
So I'll go, to the storehouse I'll go
To the storehouse of mercy, I'll go
~ The Gray Havens in Storehouse on She Waits
*****
Expectations are premeditated resentments.
~ probably from Alcoholics Anonymous, but I can't find confirmation
~ probably from Alcoholics Anonymous, but I can't find confirmation
*****
If you watch HGTV too long, you’ll become dissatisfied with your home. If you stay on social media too long, you’ll become dissatisfied with your life. If you watch the news too long, you’ll become dissatisfied with the world.
Unplug.
Pray.
Read any book.
Spend time with loved ones.
Take a walk.
Our minds are easily influenced, but we control what the influences are. Choose wisely.
*****
** This post contains affiliate links and I'm grateful when people use them. **
No comments:
Post a Comment