Tuesday, April 20, 2021

STEFANIE & BETHANY

The kids asked me at lunch today how many weddings I've been in, which led to mentioning Stefanie. Friends since high school, she and I were in each other's weddings back in the late 1990s. We live in the same state, but haven't seen each other since a park meetup when we passed through town back in 2009. Tyler didn't exist back then and my other kids wouldn't remember her from that brief meeting. 

I was doing dinner prep four hours later and had to get on Facebook for a minute to check something. There was a post from Stef at the top of my feed. With pictures. Taken a few minutes from my home. What in the world?! 

It turns out she, her husband, and a friend had driven up for the day to do something touristy and were just getting ready to head home. We exchanged a few quick messages and they all showed up at our front door soon after for a quick visit on their way out. It was such a fun surprise to have a little time together! 



 

No comments: