I feel like there are two parts to yesterday's holiday.
First, Resurrection Sunday when we remember that Jesus rose from the dead three days after his crucifixion, just like he said he would. Faith can be hard, belief comes with questions, and spiritual growth has inherent growing pains, but I'm forever grateful that my flawed, sinful self has a savior who loves me.
Second, Easter when we enjoy fun traditions. This year I decided to have the kids hunt for quarters instead of eggs. We've done it that way once before,
several years ago when we were super broke and a friend had given us some fun money. We usually hide real eggs we've dyed, not plastic ones we've filled, so changing it up (no pun intended, but I'm chuckling now) is fun and no kid will ever turn down cash. Silas ended up coming over for a few hours and helped Tim and I hide quarters throughout our central living spaces.
Then Devon, Naomi, and Tyler went off in search of all the coins.
Even though we didn't hide eggs this year, there are always some Ws who want to dye them.
As a sidenote, Naomi called Tim and I over before they all dug into their baskets. And by baskets, I mean piles of snacks and treats that are never actually put in baskets. She said it occurred to her that we always do things for them on Easter, but they never do anything for us. Then she gave us each $5.00 to put in our fun money budget. So generous!
Speaking of Easter baskets, a friend gave me this one earlier in the week. I've enjoyed each treat I've tried so far and the art from Brandi Dayton, but the thoughtfulness behind the gift made me cry.
So far I've tried
Tony's Chocolonely's chocolate eggs,
Chukar Cherries' cherry quartet,
Jonboy Caramels' Ceylon cinnamon caramels, and
Vosges Haut-Chocolat's chocolate covered roasted walnut pecan caramel marshmallows. All delicious! Still left to try?
Torie & Howard's pomegranate & nectarine hard candies,
Fran's gray and smoked salt caramels, and
Little Secrets' chocolate pieces - mint chocolate chip in milk chocolate and peanut butter in dark chocolate.
And that's a wrap on this year's Easter for our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment