I planned on heading out of town mid-afternoon last Friday to spend some time with Sonja, but ended up leaving that morning instead to see Robin first.
The drive couldn't have been better! Blue skies, a gorgeous river, trees in an array of fall colors, and snowcapped mountains. A long stretch of silence, a great teaching from Tony Evans, and singing along to The Gray Havens' Ghost of a King.
Robin took me to her favorite food cart, Westside Taco Co., where we ate some delicious poblano veggie tacos while sitting in the sunshine and chatting about life.
Later on we, along with a friend of hers, visited Art & Music, a new store they wanted to check out. I'm neither a musician nor an artist, but I liked how the store was set up for both and left with some cards for my happy mail stash from artist Brandi Dayton.
I'm so thankful it worked out to spend five low-key hours with Robin, a peaceful chunk of time after a frustrating couple of days.
Then I was off to see Sonja. We spent the evening hanging out with her kids, then stayed up late talking about everything and nothing after they hit the sack.
The next morning I was greeted by cute kids finding new uses for kitchen tools.
We all spent the day running errands together, napping (kids), visiting (adults), and enjoying the fall weather.
The kids were amused at one point in the day by the handprints they could leave in their blankets, so we took pictures of them.
I had to go back home in the early evening, but snapped a quick picture with Sonja before I left.
My trip back was easy - darkness, another chance to bask in a couple hours of silence, and blasting Lauren Daigle's Look Up Child through the speakers. Came home to find four Ws in bed and one gone. So I had a quiet end to my excursion, which was nice.
** This post contains affiliate links and I'm grateful when people use them. **












No comments:
Post a Comment