I'm the Queen "B" -- Wife of His Majes "T" -- Mom of four royally awesome kids: three princes and a princess.
Sunday, February 3, 2019
LUNCH WITH FRIENDS
Alex called a few weeks ago to give me a heads up he and Melissa would be in town this weekend and wanted to get together. The original plan was to have them over for dinner tonight. Then we switched it to Saturday night. Then another little W came down with a fever over 103 degrees on Friday night and I had to cancel.
We haven't seen them in over a year and I was super bummed that we were going to miss them on this trip. Then last night I had an idea, bounced it off Tim, and shot Alex a text. My idea worked on their end, which means this afternoon we met up for an "adults only" lunch at Firehouse Subs. The little Ws were bummed they didn't get to see him, but they'll survive.
It was great to spend some time chatting, laughing (there's always laughter involved with Alex in the mix, which is one reason I'm glad we've been friends for decades), and eating together. They're fun to hang out with, my "long-time friends are awesome" tank got filled, and I'm married to a guy who understands there are certain people that I make it a priority to see when I have the chance, so I'm a happy girl tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment