Thursday, February 12, 2015

MENU: 2/12/15 - 2/18/15

I haven't tried a new cookie recipe in ages, which is odd when you consider that cookies (and ice cream and pretty much anything edible) is my love language.

* Butterfinger cookies - These were my attempt to use up some of the insane amount of candy we got from the Harvest Festival, some of which we stashed in the freezer. They taste similar to a peanut butter cookie, but with a different texture.

ADVANCED COOKING (These aren't always planned, so they'll often be things I did the previous week.)
* I roasted some winter squash, then popped it in the freezer.
* I'll make peanut butter and crockpot beans, just like I do once or twice every week.

BREAKFASTS
* toasted coconut & pineapple granola
* doughnuts at church
* oatmeal with brown sugar, cinnamon, milk, homemade peanut butter, maple almond butter, raisins, dried cranberries, fresh or frozen fruit, huh-koe-pee milk, and/or energy mix as optional toppings x5

DINNERS
* creamy shells with broccoli & ham (I always use a bunch of extra broccoli and sometimes roast it first)
crockpot beans & rice
* new recipe
*  sesame honey chicken (raw in marinade from the freezer, crockpot)/rice/frozen peas & corn
* new recipe/whole wheat biscuits
* tacos - seasoned meat, crockpot beans from the freezer, and some other toppings served in a tortilla, bowl, as a salad over a pile of greens, or with mound of rice
* leftovers 

SNACKS & DESSERTS
* sugar cookies (taking to a party, but saving some for our family)
produce 
* popcorn (kernels from the Winco bulk department that get popped in my Lodge Dutch oven, but you can see my thoughts on both the wonderful Dutch oven and the fantastic West Bend Stir Crazy in this post)

(This post contains affiliate links.)

No comments: