Friday, May 18, 2012

MENU - SECOND HALF OF MAY 2012

Here's a quick review of the new recipes I've made since posting the last menu.  Ready?

M&M blondies - I have some M&Ms I got for virtually nothing a while back and did a little online hunting to find something to bake them in.  I opted for these bars and they're deeeeelicious!

Mediterranean black bean salad - I always like finding new bean recipes and this one was a keeper.  Lona, whose site I got it from, has a blog you may enjoy taking a peek at.  It's linked at the top of the recipe and is filled with pictures and info about their life on a farm - crops, sheep, weaving, etc. 

chocolate chip cookie bowls - I already talked about these once, but maybe you missed it.

mint lemonade - I had leftover mint from the Mediterranean black bean salad and wasn't sure what to do with it.  Tea doesn't interest me, so I asked for ideas on the Sonlight forums and this was one of the suggestions.  So good!

And here's what we'll be eating the rest of the month.

BREAKFASTS
* fruit & doughnuts x2
* oatmeal with brown sugar, cinnamon, milk, raisins, hot cereal syrup, and energy mix as optional toppings x7
* nutty fruity granola
* egg & potato scramble (potatoes are baked the previous day)
* leftover oatmeal pancakes
* coconut almond muffins

DINNERS
* leftovers x2
* tacos x2
* baked potatoes/peas & corn
* black bean tortilla pie/green salad (Tim's cooking)
* quinoa, apple, & almond salad over spinach/whole wheat drop biscuits
* death by garlic/green salad (Tim's cooking)
* quinoa & black beans/tomato slices
* new recipe (not that great)/rice/fruit & nut green salad #2
* sausage balls/pineapple rings/fruit salad (Devon planned & will cook this meal)
* brown rice & lentil salad over spinach/toast
* crockpot ziti/peas & corn

SNACKS & DESSERTS
* popcorn
* produce
* oat & almond bars
* carrots & black bean dip (from the freezer)
* chocolate chip peanut butter bars
* M&M blondies

No comments: