Quick question. If one never buys Bisquick, but has a dumpling recipe they like that calls for it, could one just use a comparable drop biscuit recipe for the dumplings? Or would a standard biscuit recipe just sink? Clue me in!
I'm also going to cook a couple chickens in the crockpot, freeze the meat, then try making some broth. We'll see how that goes. Anyone with a great method for making broth is welcome to share in the comment section!
Here's what we'll be eating for the next couple weeks.
BREAKFASTS
oatmeal with brown sugar, milk, raisins, and energy mix as optional toppings x10
smoothies or fruit x2
whole wheat wheat germ buttermilk pancakes
apple buttermilk bran muffins (save 2/3 of the batter for later)
stuffed French toast
egg & potato scramble
Dutch cream waffles
DINNERS
leftovers x2
tacos x2
friends bringing dinner over
turkey (from freezer), cranberry sauce, & cream cheese sandwiches/carrot sticks/smoothies
taco soup (from freezer)/tortilla chips
smoked turkey & black bean salad/whole wheat drop biscuits
baked pork spring rolls/rice/sesame asparagus
chicken salad sandwiches/grapes/carrot sticks
quinoa patties/baked sweet potatoes/orange & walnut green salad
herb & cheese burgers/potato wedges/creamy kale salad
chicken soup with dumplings
Greek chicken (double & freeze half the marinade with uncooked chicken)/grilled asparagus with lemon and cheese sauce/rice
upside down pizza (double the base & freeze half)/peas and corn
broccoli & cheddar quiche with brown rice crust/fruit salad
baked potato bar
SNACKS & DESSERTS
produce
popcorn
oat & almond bars
white chocolate, cherry, almond cookies
Girl Scout cookies - Savannah Smiles/lemon
2 comments:
You can use a biscuit recipe, but you want to make it wetter so that they work as a dumpling. I don't know what your recipe calls for, but I find that they cook best if I do them for 10 minutes with the lid on followed by 10 minutes with the lid off.
I think I have an old recipe for homemade bisquick. I'll look for it.
Beth
Post a Comment