Charms - I want to have a "W" wall, so I've been figuring out where to put it and how to arrange it. Two of the pieces I have are little charms. I didn't want to nail them to the wall, but wasn't sure what else to do with them. In a sudden stroke of genius I decided to get a jewelry holder. It's perfect! Two charms up and plenty of room for more!

Freedom - The big boys recently started riding their scooters down to the end of our road. It's not far, but it's out of sight of our home. Some may think they're too young and others may think they've waited too long for this new freedom, but that's irrelevant. I just think it's cool to see the boys growing up and to watch them have fun together in the process. Snipping apron strings - that's what we're doing around here. Slowly, but surely.
Coupons - I miss the glory days of couponing. I miss getting free or money-making toothpastes, toothbrushes, razors, shampoos, conditioners, and OTC medicines a few times a month. I miss all the other random freebies that weren't as frequent. I miss having all the best deals be available with just the store offers (coupons, rebates, etc.) and the coupons from the Sunday paper, rather than needing a gazillion internet coupons. Getting great deals just takes more work now and there aren't as may deals I'm interested in anyway. Vent over.
Rash - On Wednesday night the inside of my right wrist started itching. There were some raised spots and my skin was red. I chalked it up to bodies being weird and went to bed. I woke up in the middle of the night and it was itching like crazy. When Naomi woke up on Thursday her first words were that her wrist hurt. She had the exact same rash in the exact same spot. Bizarre! Hers covered a bigger area, wasn't as red, and looks better than it did a few days ago. Mine, on the other hand, hasn't changed at all. Well, I may have a few more raised spots, but it's basically the same. The itching comes and goes, but the rash remains. I know this isn't a great picture, but does anyone have any idea of what it may be?
Updated on 3/12/12 - A conversation about the rash on Facebook helped me figure out what it is. Apparently it's a contact rash from the wristbands our church uses for checking kids into their classes. Must have been a funky bunch of bands.

Devon - Many of you have already read about this on my Facebook page, but Devon spent the weekend with his grandparents. This was the first time one of our kids have spent time at my dad's without us also being there. He had so much fun!! If you want to see some pictures of his adventure, then click these links to my dad's blog posts about their time together - ICE CREAM, UNO AND RAPUNZEL, TWO MAN JOB, and SPENDING A DAY'S WAGE.
1 comment:
I love your random stuff... Glad Tim took the break from basketball, I'm sure it saved your sanity.
My boys ride down to the school at the end of our street and play when it's not in session. It makes me nervous, but I have to trust. And they have the cell phone with them.
Glad Devon had a great time with his grandparents!
Post a Comment