Monday, September 12, 2011

THE MAP OF MY DREAMS

My friend Cathy has a big, honkin' map in her living room. Huge! As in, over 9'x6'. It comes in three sections, which are intended to be wallpapered to your wall. She, however, wallpapered them to three sheets of plywood so that she can take them with her whenever she moves. Brilliant, I must say.

Now, I know coveting is wrong, but I openly confess to a case of map envy. This envy is not keeping me up at nights, though, so I'm not going to worry about it.

Check this baby out!!



Cathy's, in browns and other earth tones, is nice, but I want the brighter one in blues and greens.

Aren't they cool maps?! So, do you have map envy now from looking at Cathy's map or are you thinking I'm a world-class nerd for coveting a mural map?

UPDATE: Ok, folks, Tammy gave me a heads up about a warehouse sale that National Geographic (that's where my dream map is from) held in Portland last year where everything is majorly discounted. There doesn't appear to be one scheduled this year, but here's the link for those who want to see if there's one in their area. Just click the drop-down arrow under "special events by location" label to see if there's a pre-holiday warehouse sale coming near you.

7 comments:

ryandkris said...

So how come there are no instructions as to where to acquire such a map????

BETHANY said...

Kristy - Follow the blue/green link and it will take you to the National Geographic site. They also had it through maps.com (or something like that that).

Catherine said...

We used to have a large world map and US map right beside our dining room table. It was great for conversation starters as well as being convenient for school. However, when my hubbie painted the dining room and kitchen a gorgeous shade of blue, I just could not bring myself up to cover it with the maps. So, the maps are in the "schoolroom" (which is almost never used for school). But, I totally get your map envy!

The Boggs Family said...

That is a really awesome map!!

Kristal said...

Love that map, but we have no wall big enough for it!

Robin said...

DUDE! I so want that for my geography class!!!



and my living room

Lawfrog said...

I read this the other day and just yesterday, I was at the gym and it crossed my mind how freaking awesome it would be to have a map like this. Random thoughts:)