Today was the best day I've had in a while, but it's 8:30 right now and I feel like it's midnight.
Tim left early this morning to go fishing, so it was just the kids and I for a few hours. I'd prepped stuffed French toast last night for this morning's breakfast, so Silas preheated the oven and popped breakfast in after he woke up and I stayed in bed a little longer. Devon came in after he woke up and quoted some lines he'd memorized from a Tim Hawkins song he'd heard last night. Then Naomi wandered in for some morning snuggles. It was such a mellow way to start the day.
I discovered after breakfast that I actually had a some energy. Not a ton, but far more than I've had lately. So, I ran three loads of laundry (we all fold & put away our own, so I only washed it), baked chicken for a couple dinners, and boiled eggs for dyeing. About that time I realized I didn't have as much energy as I thought I had. Oops.
Tim came home and teamed up with Naomi to get dinner in the crockpot, the boys goofed off together, and I took a shower. I also changed out of the jammies I'd been wearing since Wednesday night. Gross, I know, but it's been that kind of week. It's hard to get motivated to get dressed when you can barely get yourself off the couch.
Anyway, right about the time I was ready to eat lunch and crawl into bed, we headed off to an Easter party. It's the third year we've gone and I didn't want to miss it, but I was definitely sleepy. It turned out to be a good outing for my mental health. The sun was out, temps were in the high 60s for the first time in months, there was a truckload of yummy food I didn't have to prepare, and I got to chat with a bunch of people. I even got my first sunburn of the year. That's always a sign of a good time.
Now, two of our kids nap every day and they'd missed their naps to attend the party. So, by the time we left those kids and I were pretty wiped out. We got home with the plan to dye eggs before Tim had to go do parking duty at church, but ... well, let's just say I was grumpy. So, Tim got the kids squared away and they happily dyed eggs while I vacuumed.
I realized that there was no way things were going to go well once Tim was gone, as I had negative energy to expend. So, I made an emergency run to the library for some movies while he gave Naomi a bath.
All kids bathed. Tim left. We ate. The kids watched a movie while I dozed off. The two nappers went to bed way early. Tim came home. I've sprawled on the couch while catching e-mails and other online stuff.
So, it's been a really fun day, but I've done more today than I've done all week. Needless to say, I'm pretty fried. My head will be hitting my pillow soon!
2 comments:
Great day Bethany! Sounds like you are suffering from Sudden Onset Nap Syndrome :) I've BTDT with thinking I had more energy than I really do lately.
You exhausted me just reading about your day and I'm not preggo! I can't believe you had energy for this post!
Post a Comment