Two of us leaving my house in the morning, eight shopping in the morning, ten at lunch & shopping in the afternoon, eight hanging out at Starbucks, seven at dinner, three chatting in a parking lot, two riding back to my house, one (that's me) blogging about the day.
It didn't matter that I walked out of almost every store empty-handed because nothing screamed "I'm the perfect item for you", the rain boots weren't in my size, I'm not smart enough to operate my phone, Starbucks ran out of strawberry syrup last night and couldn't make my drink, I can't count to eight ... or nine, the khaki's were way too low in the waist and about a foot too long, I lied to the waiter about how many children I have (ok, it wasn't a lie ... I'm just dumb and said the wrong number), or that my hair was incredibly frizzy by the end of the day.
What did matter was that I got to spend the day with a bunch of girlfriends. It was absolutely fantastic! We shopped all day, ate at the same Red Robin twice, and killed a couple hours chatting in a Target Starbucks. We laughed til my cheeks hurt, talked about everything under the sun, and laughed some more.
It was fun. It was refreshing. It was therapeutic. It was just what I needed.
It didn't matter that I walked out of almost every store empty-handed because nothing screamed "I'm the perfect item for you", the rain boots weren't in my size, I'm not smart enough to operate my phone, Starbucks ran out of strawberry syrup last night and couldn't make my drink, I can't count to eight ... or nine, the khaki's were way too low in the waist and about a foot too long, I lied to the waiter about how many children I have (ok, it wasn't a lie ... I'm just dumb and said the wrong number), or that my hair was incredibly frizzy by the end of the day.
What did matter was that I got to spend the day with a bunch of girlfriends. It was absolutely fantastic! We shopped all day, ate at the same Red Robin twice, and killed a couple hours chatting in a Target Starbucks. We laughed til my cheeks hurt, talked about everything under the sun, and laughed some more.
It was fun. It was refreshing. It was therapeutic. It was just what I needed.
.
.
Bellies filled to the brim & off to do some shopping - Heidi, Thea, me, Stephanie, Erica, Cheri, Sharon, Malinda, Toni, Melanie. 
I asked these fine ladies to help me find sunglasses. We didn't find the perfect ones, but we had fun trying on some tacky, bug-eyed ones. Unfortunately, we didn't realize the ultra-tacky ones were around the corner until after we took this picture..
I asked these fine ladies to help me find sunglasses. We didn't find the perfect ones, but we had fun trying on some tacky, bug-eyed ones. Unfortunately, we didn't realize the ultra-tacky ones were around the corner until after we took this picture..
7 comments:
AWESOME! I'm jealous, but glad that you all had a great time! :)
Sounds like a wonderful day!
Cheek-hurting therapy is the best medicine.
So fun!!!
Those 12 hours of therapy were priceless to me. I love you guys!
OK. I know it is wrong to be jealous, but I am just a tad :-) What a blessing for you.
Looks like great fun!
Post a Comment