Failure - How do you deal with personal failure? Cry or give up? Take a new approach or have a meltdown? What if your intentions are good and you're trying your best, but it's just not good enough? I've been trying to deal with some failures of my own lately and it's hard. Really hard. I have a tendency to try and figure out solutions on my own. While God gave us a mind and a will of our own, he also gave us himself. So, I'm making an effort to spend more time in prayer and less time analyzing. What about you? How do you react when you blow it in some area?
Family Fun - Well, last week I told you about Mandi having six weeks of giveaways. Some of you entered her Baby Legs contest and we'll find out the winner soon. This week she's giving away a one year subscription to two different magazines, Family Fun and Wondertime. I've never read Wondertime, but I love Family Fun! So, go enter the contest and good luck!!
Feed - This has nothing to do with eating and everything to do with blogging. My friend Leslie showed me how to set up a feed reader. Oh, how my life has become easier!! No longer do I spend time hopping around to the blogs I love to see if there are new posts. Instead, I made iGoogle my homepage and added Google Reader to the page. I've added the addresses to the blogs I read regularly to Google Reader and it lets me know when there is something new. I only have to go directly to the blog if I want to make a comment. Now, I realize this isn't exactly a technological newsflash or anything, but it was a new trick for me. As a fan of efficiency, I love Google Reader!!
3 comments:
okay, very cool! I just added all the blogs that I stalk to the google reader- that's awesome. So much less wasted time checking un-updated blogs. (never yours- yours is always updated you blogging queen!)
Bethany, do not be too hard on yourself because of the failures that you experience. Remember that you are in good company.....King David, Moses, Miriam, Peter, Paul...all had their faiures as well. Matter of fact it was Paul who penned these famous words "for that which I am doing, I do not understand: for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing that I hate." Romans 7:15. He goes on to ask "Who will set me free from the body of this death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!....There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death...For those who are according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who are according to the Spirit, the thing so of the Spirit." (Romans 7:24, 8:1-2,5)
Paul also wrote "for I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Jesus Christ!" Philippians 1:6
Bethany, rest in the comfort of his word. He began the wonderful work of perfecting you many years ago and he will continue to do that until the day that he calls you home (which hopefully will not be soon as I get the privilege of watching his hand in your life). Rest! Rest! Rest! He will do His good work in your life!
Mary Lou -
Thanks for your words of encouragement. What a sweet post!
Bri -
You're going to love the feed!!
Post a Comment