Our kids were recently invited to join our orthodontist's float in the Robin Hood Festival Parade. Devon was an immediate no, Naomi was a solid maybe, and Tyler was an enthusiastic yes. This morning Naomi and I dropped Tyler off in the staging area with the Senestraro Family Orthodontics crew, then walked down the road to take care of an errand. On the way back she made a last minute decision to join her brother. I found a place to sit, visited with some people sitting nearby, read a book while I waited, and then watched the parade.
We skipped the other festivities because we all happen to be in spending freezes with our personal fun money budgets and headed home after the parade. Tyler read, Naomi and I napped.
A couple hours later we headed over to the Woodburn Public Library for one of their summer reading program events, a dance performance by Paradise of Samoa. It was gray outside when we arrived, but the sun eventually broke through. Tyler and I made our way to the shade, but Naomi opted to soak up some rays while she watched the show.
There was one song where the group invited kids to join in the performance. Tyler and Piper, a friend of ours who happened to be there, both went up on stage. They're on the right side of the back row.
He had fun dancing and was pretty happy to get an unexpected handful of candy after the song.
It's been a fun day!




No comments:
Post a Comment