Friday, March 4, 2022

WOODWORKING PROJECT

Unbeknownst to me, Devon saw directions for making a wooden candy dispenser in Boy's Life magazine seven or eight years ago. Also unbeknownst to me, he's wanted to make one ever since. 

He came home from work last night with an odd assortment of things for a mysterious project he wouldn't tell any of us about. He came to me later in the evening with a huge grin and excitedly told me to come see what he'd made. 

It's a wooden candy dispenser, just like the one he saw all those years ago. He decided to just wing it, making one solely from the memory of the one he read about when he was younger.



How cool is that?! I suspect he'll be making more in days to come, whether to give as gifts or sell as a side gig. I also suspect he'll be purchasing some better tools to simplify and speed up the process. 

I'm so impressed!


** This post contains affiliate links and I'm grateful when people use them. **

2 comments:

Jules said...

This looks great!! I can't believe he didn't have directions!! Good project to remember!

Bethany said...

Jules - I'm impressed, too!