1/8 - We've never been to Hawaii, but have some relatives who live there and sent us this beautiful calendar of Hawaiian flowers.
1/21 - Tyler recently bought some earbuds with a gift card he got at Christmas and thinks it's really awesome to listen to music with them when he cleans the kitchen. He tries really hard to act like it's no big deal, but starts laughing every time we say something about how cool it is.
The littlest W got the two oldest ones all to himself for the evening.
1/22 - Tyler cashed in some tokens he'd earned at Senestraro Family Orthodontics to get a new LEGO set.
1/29 - We've had a mandatory nap or down time, depending on the kids' ages, every days since we became parents. Then 2020 happened and our consistent routine fell apart at the seams. We're making an effort to get back on track now, so Naomi and Tyler spent time playing with some activity books while listening to the Invisibility vs. Flying debate on Smash Bang Best.
Fifteen boxes of failure. Years and years of science experiments we never did. The good news is that I'm not alone in my slacking in that area of homeschooling and my kids can still become fully functioning, contributing members of society. The other good news is I'm condensing and purging this stash down to only what we'll use soon.
1/30 - I had about three weeks away from Facebook, then came back two days early in a strategic move to allow myself the freedom to spend more time than usual on my first day back, but also maintain some new boundaries I set for myself moving forward. I snapped this picture for my first post so people would know my awkward braces smile was back in the mix.
Naomi had some gift cards to use and asked if I'd take her shopping, so we spent a couple hours having girl time. It was fun!











No comments:
Post a Comment