Saturday, October 31, 2020

BOOKS I FINISHED - OCTOBER 2020

 *****

The Unbreakable Child: A Memoir About Forgiving the Unforgivable, written by Kim Michele Richardson

Horrifically and continually abused throughout her childhood by the priest and nuns at the St. Thomas - St. Vincent Orphanage in Kentucky, Richardson decided to take action as an adult. Confronting the memories and emotions kept at bay for decades, she and more than forty other survivors won a lawsuit against their abusers. It was the first time in history that nuns from the Roman Catholic Church paid a monetary settlement for abuse that took place in the church's orphanages. Alternating between her childhood and the lawsuit process, this book is Richardson's story.

p. 164, (quote from her attorney, William McMurry"It's important to remember that you cannot be angry and smart at the same time." He paused. "I prefer to stay smart."


*****


** This post contains affiliate links and I'm grateful when people use them. ** 

No comments: