Twelve hours after five of us returned from my 25th class reunion, four Ws left to work at our church's kids' camp. They were gone from early Monday morning to early Thursday evening (late Thursday for one of them), so Tyler and I had four days together. I was obviously going to take time to play with him, but I had big plans for being productive while there would be fewer interruptions to my days.
Yeah, about that. Let's just say my productivity level was next to nothing. On one hand, I'm really frustrated because it's my own fault that I didn't accomplish what I wanted to. On the other hand, it was really nice to just take a few days to relax and play.
Monday's plan was to go for a run, then snag a bunch of library movies. Tyler was going to get a leisurely day of a movie marathon while I'd have several hours to crank out a bunch of work. We went for a run and got movies, but that's where things fell apart. Not a single responsible thing happened after our run. We watched movies. We took naps. After a full weekend of inadequate sleep, that's probably what I should have planned for anyway.
Tuesday was play day. That morning we slept in, then Tyler used a free pass he earned from the Woodburn Public Library's summer reading program and I dipped into my personal fun money budget for a round of miniature golf at Bullwinkle's. The couple behind us took our picture near the start.
Then we took our own picture later on.
The weather was perfect, we laughed a lot, and I won. I'm not usually on the winning end of things, so I have to document the occasion when it happens. Next up was running some errands, then busting out a coupon for lunch at Panda Express. It turns out this guy's a huge fan of orange chicken. Who knew?!
More movies and puttering around the house that afternoon, then off we went to the library for a free concert. This is our eighth year of attending Music in the Park, so it's a key part of our summer schedule.
Wednesday started off with another run, but I can't account for most of the day. I know I took care of some budgeting stuff, but most of the morning and early afternoon was wasted. That afternoon, though, we headed back to the library for a performance from BJ the Clown. Tyler (right side, gray shirt) loved the show and I loved getting to hold my friends brand new baby.
I told him we should document the outing to go along with the other pictures from our week. He suggested making silly faces. So I did. And he didn't. Punk. He said it was the perfect thing to do after a clown show. Ha!!
Natie had zipped back from kids' camp to town to help at church for the evening, so we wrote a note for her to take back to Gabi in the morning.
Popsicles for dessert after church, then off to bed for a decent night's sleep.
Thursday morning I insisted on a "lazy morning" picture. Our camera will take a picture if we say "cheese", "LG", or "whiskey". In theory, anyway. Lately it likes whiskey more than cheese. It's a little strange for a non-drinker to call out "whiskey" to her camera, and it's even stranger when the little Ws do it, but we do what needs to be done to get a picture. This time I turned it into full sentences. "Little kids shouldn't drink WHISKEY." "I've never had WHISKEY." "Put down your WHISKEY." Tyler was cracking up!
Tyler had to fill in for Devon at his job mid-morning, then we made a spontaneous trip to ReStore. A couple purchases for me, free popcorn for Tyler. Everyone wins!
Best purchase? A seasoned piece of Pampered Chef stoneware that sells for $25.00 - $55.00 online, but that they were selling for $5.00. Even better? The whole store (almost) is 50% off through Saturday, so I got it for just $2.50. Super happy about that!
Our week may not have looked like I'd anticipated it would, but we had a great time. Thankful for my time with Tyler!













No comments:
Post a Comment