I'm the Queen "B" -- Wife of His Majes "T" -- Mom of four royally awesome kids: three princes and a princess.
Monday, May 7, 2018
ROMANS ROAD
The kids and I have been working on memorizing these verses, referred to as the Romans Road, the last few weeks as part of our school day. We started with the first one, me writing it on the board and each of us saying it once each morning until we reached a day where everyone had it nailed down. Then I wrote down the second and we started working on memorizing it next. Our approach varies from day to day, but we've been doing it pretty consistently and now we all have the whole thing memorized. Put us on the spot and we may mess up, but that's fine.
Some days we all took turns saying the new verse, other days one person went down the whole list from the start to whatever verse we were currently working on, and sometimes we all said all of them. We usually went oldest to youngest so that the younger kids had more opportunities to hear it before saying it, but often the youngest was the one to correct the rest of us when we got things mixed up.
As valuable as memorization is, regardless of what it is one's memorizing, I confess that we don't really do it around here. Scandalous, I know, but that makes this little accomplishment even better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment