We bought some used Ektorp furniture off Craigslist 7 1/2 years ago. We don't know how long the previous owners had it, but we do know it was a couple with some kids. Between the original owners (assuming the people we bought it from bought it new), the six of us using it all the time, and a ton of other people coming in and out of our home over the years, one of the slipcovers got a small hole from normal wear and tear. That little hole exploded after the slipcover got washed and we ended up with this.
I discovered the replacement slipcover at IKEA, which I thought was $40, was actually $99. That wasn't an expense I could justify, so I've let it sit this way for months.
I happened to be at IKEA with some friends yesterday and, as we always do, we stopped by the "As Is" section of the store before we left. There were multiple bins overflowing with various slipcover styles in browns and grays. Then I saw a white one buried at the bottom of a bin. It was for a dining chair. Then I saw one more. One of only two white slipcovers among countless others.
It was for the chair I have.
It was the one part of a three piece slipcover set that I needed.
It was $10.
How cool is that?! Check out the chair now.
No comments:
Post a Comment