What it means to live a whole life of repentance is to constantly be asking, "What in the Scripture do I not want to hear?" As I come to the text of the Bible, as I'm reading the Word of God, I am asking myself, "What in this text do I not want to believe?" Because if we don't know the answer to that question it means we are not having the Word of God diagnose us in our sinfulness.
Russell Moore in Signposts: How to Be Changed by the Word of God at Russell Moore
********
It's better to learn that wet pavement is slippery when you are running, not when you first get behind the wheel of a car.
~ Dr. Mariana Brussoni quoted in Pushing Limits, written by Jennifer King Lindley in Family Fun - October 2016 (speaking of the importance of kids having the freedom to take risks)
********
Salvation is an event, but deliverance is a process.
~ Levi Lusko on Air 1
********
A good day is a good day. A bad day is a good lesson. At the end of the day ... it's all good!
~ Shandell Clapson quoting someone else.
********
“I wish I could be involved in some mercy ministry. That would be more meaningful.”
Ah, but you are. Mothers have so many opportunities to extend mercy that they all run together. What is a hot meal on the table but a huge mercy? What is a clean pair of socks but more mercy? What is changing a soiled diaper on a child who can’t even say, “Thanks, Mom” but mercy upon mercy? What is baking a pie to serve to your people but pure, undefiled mercy? I hope you get the idea. The mercy you extend to your family is very meaningful for them. You are blessing them. And once you determine to see it that way, you will find the blessing that is waiting for you in it as well.
~ Nancy Wilson in Thinking Thoughts at Femina Girls quoted by Tracy Grossman in Take Mealtime From Mundane to Ministry at Mom on Purpose
********
No comments:
Post a Comment