I watched this after reading The Finest Hours: The True Story of a Heroic Sea Rescue, written by Michael J. Tougias and Casey Sherman. Both tell the inspiring story of a few brave men who put their lives on the line to save several men stranded on two sinking ships. I enjoyed both the book and the movie.
For the Glory
This movie is about Kurt Kuykendall, a man who was originally on track to become an Olympic basketball player, but who unexpectedly became a professional soccer player.
Into the Cold: A Journey of the Soul
This documentary is about two men who set out to reach the North Pole. While I certainly admire their hard work and determination, I actually enjoyed their photography more than the story of their journey.
Mariachi High
Hard-working students, a passionate teacher, great music, and some fierce competition. We enjoyed watching the mariachi band from Zapata High School as they prepared for and participated in mariachi competitions, as well as seeing snippets of several other bands competing.
Mr. Holland's Opus
I hadn't seen this one in many years when I recently introduced it to the kids, but I loved it just as much as I had before. It's about pursuing dreams and walking away from them, being committed to your family and letting them down, loyalty and perseverance, temptation and failure, teamwork and being self-centered. Life, basically.
Storks
No longer baby deliverers, storks now deliver packages. Until they accidentally have to deliver a baby and things fall apart. And then come together. There were a few things we found funny and/or creative, but none of us were particularly impressed with the movie overall.
** This post contains affiliate links and we're grateful when people use them. **
No comments:
Post a Comment