Tuesday, January 26, 2010

JUST TALKIN'

The 2009/2010 Wall of Love - I take our Christmas tree and decorations down a couple days after Christmas. The cards we receive, however, stay up for the whole month of January. I love looking at them. Here's what came in this year, minus one card that kept falling from the top. So fun to see all the faces and read all the updates!
.
.
.
Devon - Last week Devon came out of his room and asked me what I thought of his outfit. He was wearing brown shorts and a brown shirt. I told him they matched nicely. His response? "Brown and brown, now I look like my dad and Silas." All right, buddy, we'll let you compare skin color to clothing color.
.
Devon, the king of funny faces
.
.
.
Seeds - I harvested some seeds from last year's garden, not realizing I wouldn't have a garden this spring. I've given some away already, but I have more to share. Four o' clocks, green beans, and purple beans (green beans that are purple on the vine and turn green when you cook them). Any takers?
.
Pics - Just a little reminder that I post pics on our Picasa page every Sunday night. Cute kid alert!
.
Naomi's Hair - Naomi recently got her first haircut. I ended up cutting about half of it off. While I do miss the super fluffy pom poms I used to give her and the ability to get all her hair up in two pigtails, I'm definitely liking how much healthier her hair looks. The only part that's still ratty is the back, which I'm told will be that way until her car seat days are over.
.
The final moment of Naomi's long hair. Notice how dark the bottom is and how light the tips are.
.
.
.
Bowling - One of the Christmas gifts the kids received was money for us to spend doing fun stuff with them. So, we headed down to the bowling alley last week and let them play a couple games. Silas and Devon each won a round and Naomi got the only strike (with bumpers, of course). Thanks to Tammy for hooking us up with a BOGO coupon and making that Christmas money stretch!!
.
Silas happily waits for his turn to roll the ball.
.
.
.
Shorts - I'm a bit picky about the length of shorts. Basically, that means I like it when girl's shorts have an inseam longer than their underwear. A lot longer is ideal, but a little longer would be a good place to start. I discovered, upon Naomi's birth, that I'm the only one on the planet who feels that way. It drives me batty that clothing for infant and toddler girls are designed to be sexy. Short shorts and low-rise pants are a little ridiculous when the person wearing them is still in diapers. Diapers that, obviously, aren't even covered completely when wearing these particular items of clothing.
.
I'm also a bit picky about price and refuse to spend $20 on the rare pair of long shorts I can find for Naomi, as she'll only wear them for a year.
.
I'm also a bit picky about my pot-bellied little girl being able to breathe. She's too young to be required to lay down and suck in her stomach just to get her pants on.
.
So, imagine my delight when I found Bermuda shorts that fit Naomi at Target for $3.50 last night. Needless to say, I used her Christmas money to buy one in each of the four styles they were selling. They're normally $5.00 and the sale price of $3.50 is good through Saturday, in case you want to snag some too. I'm a happy mom!!
.
Girl Time - I am going to Noodles & Company for dinner on Saturday. I'll be at the one in Beaverton on the corner of Griffith & Beaverton Hillsdale. If you would like to join me, then I'd love to have some girl time. We always eat dinner at 5:00, but I'd be willing to go as late as 6:00 if that meant others could make it.
.
In addition, I have a BOGO coupon that has to be used soon. So, if you plan on joining me on Saturday, then leave a comment on this post to let me know. I'll do a random drawing of those names on Saturday at noon and treat the winner to a free dinner.
.
If no one is interested in or able to join me, then I'll enjoy a night to myself with a mound of pasta and a book to read. I'd be content with that too!

7 comments:

The Boggs Family said...

Are you kidding me?!! I'm going to have to try to find clothing that covers my daughter when she gets to be a toddler?!! That's ridiculous!! I guess I never thought of that since all of Logan's clothing covers him just fine. Too bad I don't know how to sew...

BETHANY said...

Rachel - Nope, you won't have to wait that long. If you've had boys first, then the difference in how clothing fits each gender will be painfully obvious from the moment that little girl exits your womb. :)

The Boehme (pronounced Bay-me) family said...

I love your wall of love! Cool way to present and enjoy your cards/letters.

Devon came up with a very creative color coordination, if you ask me! I wonder if Silas will pick out some beige clothes to wear to match his mom and sis.

Do you think Naomi's hair color gets lighter in the sun, or is darkening as it grows? It'll be interesting what color she ends up with.

Sorry I have to miss girl-time...:( But I hope you have lots of fun.

Danielle Frost said...

I hated the way little girls clothing was shaped for hips and what-not, like they were just miniature versions of adult clothing! Hannah had the adorable belly and rolls and was very healthy, and yet finding pants that fit her was impossible!!!!!! Now that she is tall and lean (still with the belly though, even at 7!) it is easier.

BETHANY said...

Monique - I love the wall too.

Sorry you can't join me on Saturday, but you can feel special knowing you were the first and only person I invited privately and personally. :)

Danielle - You've given me hope! I really don't want Naomi to be wearing elastic-waisted pants her whole life. :) Our kids have gone from scrawny, to average, to pot-bellied. I should be a shopping expert by now!

sarah p. said...

Can you buy little girls shorts and pants intented for boys? I obviously haven't had that problem yet. :)

And I'd love girls night dinner! I need to double check with Charles, but count on me as a 90% in.

BETHANY said...

Sarah - I'd love to hang with you!