We haven't had an OMSI membership in a few years, but I've been wanting to see the Exquisite Creatures exhibit, featuring the work of Christopher Marley, for quite a while. A membership quickly pays for itself, so we recently decided to get one again. Visiting as a family isn't very realistic in this season of life, but I wanted all of us to see Exquisite Creatures. The one and only day that would work with everyone's schedules was yesterday. We're intentional about keeping Sundays low-key and restful, but sometimes we choose to ditch that routine for something more important. Yesterday was one of those days.
We all, including Gabi, went to church in the morning, but Silas and Natie, who was also joining us, had to stick around for the next service. That meant the rest of us had time to kill. Devon and Naomi chose to stay and help out, so Tim and I took the little boys to Costco for some browsing and sampling. They even sampled some recliners. Silly guys!
We browsed, chatted with friends we ran into, enjoyed a bunch of samples, bought a couple things, then headed out. We got back to church about twenty minutes before the current service was done, but I'd come prepared with a bag of library books for the boys to read.
Finally, off we went to OMSI. The Exquisite Creatures exhibit was awesome! My pictures aren't very good at all, but I did take some that I'll put at the end of this post so you can get an idea of what it was like. Tyler and Gabi struck poses at the photo area at the end of the exhibit.
I took a couple extra pictures of Gabi for him to show his family.
We explored the rest of the museum once we finished Exquisite Creatures and snapped a group shot of all the Ws and bonus Ws before we wrapped up our afternoon.
Natie went back to her home and we took Gabi to his. It had been a super fun day, but now things were set up for a miserable evening. We'd left home 12-14 hours earlier and hadn't stopped to rest the whole time. The Ws were various combinations of tired, sore, hungry, and dehydrated. I'd only had four hours of interrupted sleep the night before, so I was particularly done with the day. Like, really done. I wasn't in a bad mood, since it had been such a great day, but was definitely on the brink of losing my ability to handle anything but silence.
Tim suggested our dinner come from a restaurant, which sounded even better than our normal habit of leftovers on Sunday. We tossed around some options for where to go, whether to get takeout, and if dropping me off at home first was the best option for all of us. Final decision? Swing by the house to pick up Silas and Naomi (they'd driven separately after we dropped Silas off at his car, which had been left at the church earlier in the day), then head to Nancy Jo's for burgers and fries. We spent an hour chatting, laughing, and eating before heading home.
And now, here are some pictures of the Exquisite Creatures exhibit. They aren't very good because the place was hopping and I just snuck quick shots in whenever I could. But something's better than nothing, right?
Marley's work is really impressive, so I encourage you to check out the OMSI exhibit by February 17th. If that's not possible, you can find his art in books, puzzles, calendars, and games on Amazon.
** This post contains affiliate links and I'm grateful when people use them. **

























No comments:
Post a Comment